Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thrifty Thursday: Chair Redo

Over a year ago, we discovered we have an attic. As renters, we knew we couldn't store stuff up there (some kind of hazard...), but we decided to see what was up there.

We found an old wrought iron bed. Which once we figure out how take apart, we are taking! And this beauty!


Seriously, it is GORGEOUS!!! I love it. It has so much character.

I have been refurbing furniture for almost 10 years now. It is so much fun. Even in the last few years, when I have had no space, I have been making plans.

The weather is finally nice, and looks like it will stay for a while, so the two chairs that I have had sitting around in despirate need of some deep love an attention are going to be work on!

This chair needs a LOT of TLC.


It is missing the cross supports. When looking at the construction of the chair, I believe that they MUST be replaced.

A little bit of wood glue, some primer, paint, and some new fabric is going to turn this chair into our piano chair.



This is the fabric I picked out for this chair, last Thanksgiving!! I am going to paint the chair off white to match the white. The chair will also get covered with some vinyl over the fabric, for some extra protection.

I hope to be able to finish it next week, and the get started on chair number two!

1 comment: