Monday, July 8, 2013

Homemaking Tuesday: Oranges Part II

This post has been in the wings for awhile! So here you go the second part of cleaning with oranges! I showed you how to infuse vinegar with orange peels back in October. Today, I will tell you about a scrub that I saw on Crunchy Betty.

I have said before, but I LOVE this lady's blog! 

I while ago when I was looking for what to do with all these orange peels I was tossing I saw Crunchy Betty's Grapefruit Scrub recipe. I thought that would be a great way to replace my store bought secret weapon, so that I an not using it as often.

Crunchy Betty uses borax in the scrub, and so while I was waiting to get some dried orange peels I did some research on borax. For myself, I have decided it is safe enough to use.

I also REALLY need to clean my stove top. I haven't cleaned it since Baby was born, and well... A picture is worth a thousand words right? (P.S. Don't judge me!)



Since my stove really needs a good scrub, I decided to make and try out this scrub. I think this is obvious but, I made my scrub following the recipe from Crunchy Betty, but used ORANGE peels not grapefruit.

Borax, Orange peels, and Baking Soda

I really should wipe off my stove more often... This is just after wiping with a wet rag!

Now for an interruption by my super cute baby!

Ah! Clean stove! (and the start of dinner...)


This scrub smells AMAZING! It works great, and I never doubted it wouldn't!

And another shot of my baby! Who will be 5 months on Saturday!!


1 comment: