Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A New Room!

I talked about the kitchen yesterday, and since we were in there yesterday, I thought we could change rooms. I have started a HUGE project in this space we have that I am not sure what to call it... Our landlord calls it a sun room. Being from the South, I know what a TRUE sun room is... Not this! We like to call the office nook/storage room/closet thing. It was my study while I was in school. Now I am done, and Husband wanted his own space in the basement, I want to change it. It needs a big change so I don't feel like it is my study still...

I found on Pintrest this:

office nook


I fell I love with it! And finally conceived the Husband to let me do it.

It started with a new shade. The blinds needed to be replaced, YEARS AGO!!! But if I was going to make a new shade I might as well paint! Logical progression, right?

Landlord approved painting. It pays to be family friends with your landlord, and to lease for 6 years...

My good friend Erin joined my this last week as we removed the caulking from the window, sanded the window frame (it really needed it!), and then painted!

This is what the nook looked like on a regular basis... It was a catch all room.

 
Here we are paused for a picture! I have been so focused on this little project I this is the ONLY picture I have so far!!! More to come I promise!

Hopefully by next week I will have the shade done!

No comments:

Post a Comment