Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Bathroom Experiment: The Set-up

Maybe it is just me and my dirty bathroom mind, but this is NOT about poop!

It is about Showers!!

I hate cleaning our shower, it is a tub shower... HATE IT!!!

Anyway, I still have to clean it. (Well, technically Wonderful Man cleans it... That is why he is so wonderful!)

I have seen for awhile those daily shower cleaning spray things, you know the kind you can just spray when you are done, or the ones that even spray for you with the touch of a button.

They have always scared me. Maybe it steams from when I was little, and mom would always warn not to use Comet and bleach, or is it Comet and ammonia together... (I can't remember! Vinegar and baking soda is always safe!)

To the experiment!

I wanted to see if these sprays I will make are going to make any sort of an impact. So this experiment is going to last 3 MONTHS!!! Yikes! But that gives them time to build up some grime!

First I got some picture frames from the Dollars Store, attempted to make them water tight, and them hung them in the shower. I also got some clear soap holders to use also.


Now to make the two sprays! I can not remember what site I got the recipes from, so I am a) not sharing, and b) hope to find them soon so I can!!

For the next 3 months the bathroom is going to be cleaned as normal, and we are going to bathe as normal, only adding in the shower spray to finish. We will also keep a record of the number of times we shower.

I hope you are excited to see results, I hope there is a difference!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited about this experiment...I hate cleaning showers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, it's mixing bleach and ammonia that you don't want to do. I only use Comet for my toilet and to wash my car.

    ReplyDelete