Friday, February 28, 2014

Finshed Friday: Clutter to Art

It has been a while since I have done a Finished Friday post.

I want to share with you something we have been working on all year.

It is a process, and we are in the "worst stage". You know the stage where everything is in shambles before the calm.

It is driving me crazy.

I just want to pack everything up and toss it, but there are things I know we do not want to lose.

We had on our bookshelf a shelf devoted to nick nacks. Most of them were from our wedding, and just collecting dust.

Mr. Z is a climber and I wanted to try to make our bookshelf less of object of desire.

This year we are in a MASSIVE de-cluttering movement, and I didn't just want to box them up and store them. And to make the bookshelf less of an obstacle. I took the bottom shelf off and moved everything up.

Doing that, I had to find a new home for the nick nacks. This finally got me to make two shadow boxes, something I have been wanting to do for years.

I made one for Mr. Z of some of his items from the hospital, his homecoming outfit, and the notes on the birth from the doula.



Then I made a shadow box of some things from our wedding and honeymoon.


It took use a couple of days, but we found the perfect home for them.




Shadow boxes, are not cheap, actually the cost for them has put me off for years. But we wanted a nice way to display these happy memories and mementos.

Everything else, was from stuff we already had, the pins used, and even the background paper. They did take some time to set up, but we love them.

What is a recent project you have recently finished?


No comments:

Post a Comment