Monday, February 20, 2012

Fly Lady...

Yup, I am not a very good daily poster. I have am reasons. But I do want to fill you in on my Fly Lady journey!

I shined it, see the post here.

I need to work on getting dressed after my workout... I usually workout, fix breakfast, and then take some personal time before getting ready for the day... around noon usually...

Day Three: Join the Group!
I joined this, and I was getting inundated with emails. I think for me, the once a week email to remind me to check in is perfect!

Day Four: Post it!
Write your self little notes to remind you what to do... Not a big fan of post it notes all over my house...

Day Five: Negative Nancy?
Do you have a Negative voice in you head? Write it down and get it out! I love doing this! I know I promised a post about what I hate... It is coming! I promise!

Day Six: Hot Spot!
A hot spot is a place(s) that is a clutter magnet! For us it is our table! This is what is often looks like...



YIKES!

This is what two minutes did:


Well... Actually four... It took minutes to put away the keyboard...

Day Seven: Bedtime Routine!
We all have some sort of bedtime routine. Mine includes, washing my face, brushing and water flossing (braces are awful!) and thinking about what I am going to wear tomorrow. Fly Lady wants us to take it one step farther, actually setting out those clothes. It really helps, because if something is dirty, you aren't rushing in the morning to find something else!

Day Eight: One WEEK!
Today, along with everything else, you are to add writing everything down. Write the morning routine and the evening routine down. I wasn't a huge fan a first up helpful. I am working out the kinks to get a really cute printable for you!

Take 5 minutes to 'rescue' a room. Doing this every day, makes a HUGE difference! I picked my office. Five minutes everyday, I spend doing nothing but cleaning, and organizing. It is almost done. I will post some before and afters then!

Day Ten: 15 Minutes!
Ready! Set! Clean! Take 15 minutes to take out all the trash you can in 15 minutes? Seriously, you could turn this into a game for kids! Afterwards take 15 minutes to put your feet up and relax!

Day Eleven: Inspiration!
Take some time and write those inspirational thoughts and phrases down. Here are some of mine:
You can do anything, if you work at it for 15 minutes a day.
Don't worry about what other people say behind your back. They're the ones who find faults in your life instead of fixing their own!"-Unknown
You can't organize clutter, you can only get rid of it!-FlyLady

Day Twelve: Delete!
Delete all those emails form Fly Lady! She will write you again! --Phew! That felt great!

I organized my closet floor yesterday. I even put some shoes in the thrift store box!

Day Fourteen: Calendars!
I am all caught up! Today is reading about using your calendar! It is a great little essay on how to use and organize your calendar. I LOVE mine, always have. Now I love it a little more!

I know this was long, and I am going to try and be a little better. I hope you all can de-clutter and clean your homes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment