Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Laundry, a Beast that never Dies!

I HATE LAUNDRY!!! The only things I hate more than doing laundry is deep cleaning the fridge and the bathroom!

For Thrifty Thursday, I talked about making laundry soap, and with that I decided I should add doing laundry to our Week To Clean list.

Do you have a routine for doing laundry?

I do, only because it wasn't getting done, until I figured out this prescription...

Do 1 or 2 loads a day to keep the Beast at bay!

Seriously, I am a laundry nazis and only a year ago did i figure out that secret. Maybe it stems from growing up with chore Saturdays, or maybe from 3 years of sharing one washer and dryer with 50 other co-eds.

Here is how I do laundry, one or two loads a day, over two weeks.

Week one is clothes, whites, colors, reds, darks, and jeans. Week two, is towels, and bedding (including all those blankets Wonderful Man loves to wrap up in ALL THE TIME!!!)

By doing only one or two loads a day, that means I only have one or two loads to FOLD and PUT AWAY!!! It keeps me sane, because there is not multiple piles of clean clothes hanging around the house. We also PRE-SORT our clothes. We got two of those multiple bag hampers. I made after we got them some signs to help out Wonderful Man.


Plus I feel that doing one or two loads a day is manageable especially if you have kids running around, or you work out of the house.

Week to Clean:
Focus Cleaning Days:
Monday: Kitchen
Tuesday: Bedrooms

Everyday Clean Tidying:
KITCHEN: 
Load and run Dishwasher 
Wash remaining dishes by hand 
wipe down the counter, range/stove top, sink 
Sweep floor 

BEDROOM: 
Make the bed 
Pick up clothes 
Put away toys 
Clear off dresser 
Take glasses to kitchen 

LAUNDRY: 
Run one or two loads 
Fold and put away clean clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment