Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Earth Day!

Earth day was last Saturday, but our Earth is so precious that I feel it should be celebrated more that once a year.

I like to do something every day to help preserve our precious planet.

Now, I am not a tree hugging hippie, I am person who is consciousness of the wonderful resources we have been given.

It is partly why I have started to switch to homemade non toxic cleansers. I have talked about laundry and dishwasher detergent, but there is more.

There are so many things you can make, you will never have to buy a commercial cleaner again.

Next week I plan to talk about green cleaning parties! But green cleaning isn't the only think we can do to help conserve our planet's resources.

This year for Earth Day I decided I would try to to get our worm box to operate at full potential. I checked out from my local library, Worms Eat My Garbage, by Mary Bppelhof.

In our worm box, we have the expectation to be able to harvest worm casting for our house plants and the garden.

We re-established our worms a month or so ago. We moved the box into the kitchen, for easier access. I love that is it so close, but hate that it is taking up space...

I am a fan of home composting, and over then next few months I will talk about our worms and how they are doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment