Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baking Soda Part Three: Everyday Health and Beauty Uses

I hope by now, you have purchased a large box of baking soda. There are so many great uses.

Like putting out a grease fire in the kitchen. My younger brother, still does not believe this will work, and must test it at least twice a year.... But, I digress, although he would benefit greatly from this blog.

Have you uses baking soda for any health or beauty uses?

I have seen on pintrest some uses, some I already knew, and some I want to try.

Bee Sting relief: Mix baking soda and water into a paste. glob over sting. (my mother taught me this, and it works miracles, and great for little kids)

Tooth paste substitute/Whitener: I knew you could use baking soda as a tooth paste substitute, and that it has whitening properties, but never put them together. I found this great recipe on Pintrest for whitening your teeth, be careful whitening your teeth can lead to sensitive teeth! I am looking forward to try this after I get these braces off my teeth! (Source: The Budget Diet)

Source

Shampoo: If you have super oily hair, baking soda will help with that! Try using it as a shampoo once a month. Or you can join the "no 'poo" movement. I think it is a little to 'hippie' for me. I already only wash my hair twice a week, and love my 97% natural shampoo. I thought CrunchyBetty wrote a post about baking soda Shampoo, but I can't find it... So check out this place.

Source

Microderm abrasion: Mix 3 parts Baking Soda with 1 part water, gentle apply to face in a circular motion, rise. I want to try this. I have horribly dry skin, and currently use a Microderm Abrasion set I purchase for and arm and a leg, and I love it, but am not quite ready to pay again...

Source
Sorry, none of these images are mine, I linked all sources, so please don't come after me. My camera is not working right... I used it last for the tire change post, in which it was drizzling...






1 comment:

  1. My grandma used to use baking soda as tooth paste and she had really healthy teethe, even in her old age. I didn't know about the microderm abrasion tho. I'm gonna try it.

    I also mix extra baking soda into my cat's litter box to help absorb some of the kitty odors that the litter itself doesn't take care of.

    ReplyDelete