Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Week To Clean...

Do you remember that we have been working on this plan to have your house clean in a week?

Well it has been nagging at me to finish it. So, we are going to finish today, and Friday I promise to have for you a cute printable for you to use.

Let's back track for a moment and figure out where we are.

Monday: Kitchen
Tuesday:  Bedrooms
Wednesday: Bathrooms
Thursday: Living/Family Rooms
Friday: Dining Room
Saturday: Tidy Day

We haven't talked about cleaning living rooms or family rooms. But first, lets define these rooms. We always had a living room and a family room growing up and I never understood why we needed two sitting rooms...

According to Wikipedia a Living Room is a room in a house that is set aside for relaxing and socializing. It is can be to a front room, when located near the front of the house. The term Living Room was coined around the 18th century.

And a Family Room is a room in a house that is where the family gathers for entertainment or recreation. It usually adjacent to the kitchen and has doors leading outside or to a garden. When a house has both a living room and a family room, the living room is the more formal sitting area.

There is also a Great Room, which is the combination of the two, living and family rooms, into one large unified room. In my home we have a great room, I just learned this...

Here is the Thursday List:


Thursday: Large Sitting Rooms Day!
Things to be done EVERY THURSDAY:
Pick up and take care of out of place items
Vacuum
Dust
Vacuum or wipe off couches
Fold and put away blankets

Everyday:
Fold and put away blankets
Replace pillows
Take dishes back to kitchen
Put remotes in their home

Monthly (or as needed):
Clean out under the couches
Check Bookshelves and reshelve* anything
Wipe down walls



Pretty simple, but for some reason I hate cleaning this room. Maybe it is because we only have the giant Dinning/Living/Family/Entry Room...

Friday's cleaning list is the Dinning Room, and I chose this room for Friday because it is the start of the weekend, and who wants to be cleaning the the weekend. Also for Saturday, it is a just a tidy day. That is because weekends should be spent with family and friends, not cleaning your house.

Friday: Dinning Room Day!
Things to be done EVERY FRIDAY:
Dust
Change table cloth
Vacuum or mop
Wipe down chairs

Everyday:
Wipe off table
Sweep (or vacuum, if needed)

Monthly (or as needed):
Polish table

There is our Week to Clean cleaning list. Friday, I will have a cute printable for you, I hope. I have a huge quilting project I am working on. And cutting 1.5 inch strips is more time consuming than one would think!

*Reshelve-Is that right? I looked it up and got confused. Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I really need to get into that habit, but it is hard for me after a long day at work, all I want to do is sit down. I know once I make a schedule and stick to it it'll work, I just need to get doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Get a schedule! It will take a couple weeks to get everything running smoothly, but after that it could take less than an hour to tidy your house!!

    ReplyDelete