Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Homemaking Tuesday: Service Auction

My church has a monthly activity for the women, and this months is a get to know you service auction. They have done this in the past, and honestly I thought it was lame. That and put a bunch of women in the same room, all wanting the same 'service' (most people 'auctioned' free babysitting) and no matter how religious those women might be feelings are going to get hurt. My experience was, that even though I 'bought' X-service the ladies I bought it from never fulfilled their commitment. It still bothers me.

So this year, I decided that I really don't need anyone's service but I am a nice person so I am going to auction off something to advertise this blog! Which is why I came up with those labels last week, I need to label the all-purpose spray I am putting in the basket.

It has taken me a couple weeks to figure out what I want in the basket. I want it to be 'cheap', I only want to spend $5 tops putting it together. I also want it to be about cleaning supplies you can make with only basic items at home. Lastly, I of course want it to be green!

Here is what I have decided for the basket:

1) All-purpose cleaning spray. Easy to make, and you only need water and vinegar.
2) A handmade washcloth.
3) A handmade scrubbie, safe for use on stainless steal. (Can be used on most surfaces, but NOT recommended for use on painted surfaces)
4) Baking Soda scrub. I love just using baking soda as a scouring scrub, and it works great!
5) Baking Soda and Vinegar. New bottles for making more spray and for refilling the baking soda scrub container.
6) Recipes! I have a few cleaner recipes, that I haven't had the chance to tell you about here, and plan on doing that soon. I am going to include those in the basket.

I have been meaning to put together this basket all week, but I hadn't the chance to go to the dollar store until this morning. So here is the finished basket, ready for Thursday!



*I had to get a couple of things from the store for this; gloves, spray bottle, vinegar, shaker, and baking soda. It came to a grand total of $5.97. A dollar over, but still not bad!*

No comments:

Post a Comment