Monday, September 24, 2012

Milk

Thank you all who took the How Crunch Are You Quiz! It was great to sit down and read your comments.

Also, a reader pointed out an interesting source: http://whereismymilkfrom.com

So I checked it out, and checked out the milk we buy to see where it is from.

On the site, you can enter in the "dairy code" printed on your milk carton. Then up pops the plant your milk comes from.

Now, I know that Darigold is my local (60 miles is local, right...) dairy, but they do not have milk that is organic. (One day I will post why it is so important to me to buy organic milk.) So since, I am not buying local, I go for the cheapest, which is Stremicks Heritage Organic Milk.



So I thought I look it up... Santa Ana, California... South of LA... WOW! That is over 1,000 miles from where we live. Another brand is about 20 cents more, (and at a different, non-employee owned grocer) is The O Organics brand. I might have to look and see if it is closer... Honestly, I think it is probably still from California.


No comments:

Post a Comment