Monday, September 10, 2012

Under Construction


This has been quite the summer for us, and things are still happening.

I thought I would take a moment to talk a little about why Engineering Homemaking was founded.

Engineering Homemaking was this idea floating around for awhile, and has morphed a couple of times. It started as a why for me to just post my crafty things, then to a blog about everything that I hate, to a blog about food, to this. Kind of a mix of it all. I was looking for an outlet to deal with some personal issues.

Wonderful Man and I have been married a little over 3 years, and were told about a year and a half ago were told we have a never low chance of conceiving our own children, unexplained infertility. After taking some time to understand what unexplained infertility is, I learned that I had some friends who were going through  similar, if not the same thing.

Talking to them, learning with them, crying with them, teaching them, really helped me to grow and accept this challenge. I started to stare this challenge down, knowing that one day I could beat it.

I slowly started to change little things around our house, switching to natural cleaners, limiting plastics, limiting chemicals I put into my body, and using more whole foods (not eating a bunch of pre-prepare stuff). I was actively working out, a lot, and had finally started to lose some weight that I had been trying to lose for years.

I decided I wanted to share all of this with the world, maybe some out there was interested in green cleaning. It turns out there is 11 of you! I know there is more, I just don't know how to grab them.

So I started Engineering Homemaking in November, nothing fancy, just some posts about things I was trying of pinterst. Then I did an experiment on yeast in February, and it hit me just want I wanted to do with this blog. Of course it is still under construction, but there is something bigger going on behind the scenes.

This summer started out fairly normal for us, Wonderful started taking summer classes, I was doing my same old same old, and then we got a very unexpected, yet very welcome surprise.


Then our summer went down hill; two deaths in the family, and as always with my family, drama attacked.

School has started back up again, and we are mostly back to normal. We are very excited to welcome our long awaited little one in February (or early March). We are trying to enjoy all the craziness that come with pregnancy.

This isn't going to turn into a look at me and my bump/everything I have gotten for baby blog, that is what my family blog is for. Engineering Homemaking's focus is going to stay the same, so don't you worry!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for this new chapter in your life :)

    ReplyDelete