Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Homemaking Tuesday: Showers and Oranges

Showers and oranges do not go together, normally... Today, I have some news on the the Shower Experiment, and another more fragrant experiment.

The Shower Experiment, after under going a MAJOR set back last month is up and running! The not-so-watertight-watertight-picture frames failed to work, it took me some time to get to the dollar store and get mirrors. Also, those soap holder things were tossed, I kept running into them and they had sharp edges!

Not going to work...

 I am not telling you what the sprays are until the experiment is over, but I chose them because they were made of basic household items. So far, two weeks in I can't really see a difference.

Moving on to Oranges, I have been eating a LOT of oranges. And the other day after eating 4 or 5 I thought there has got to be something I can do with these orange peels. You can not throw that many orange peels into a worm box (we learned this the hard way, remember the fruit fly post...), so I had just been tossing them. I looked on Pintrest, which is kind of becoming the new Google... And I found a couple of orange fragrant cleaners.

I decided to give Orange Infused Vinegar a try and see if it masks the vinegar smell. There was a couple different ways to do this, so I went with the easiest. If it works, I will share that. In the mean time it has to sit and infuse for 2-4 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment