Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baking Soda!

The focus for the Month of May is going to be BAKING SODA! I love this stuff! It is sometime it can be much fun!

We all remember the baking soda vinegar volcanoes from elementary school. If not, I decided to make one for you!



I love third grade science!



There are 5 Wednesdays this month, so that means 5 days devoted to Baking Soda! Do you think Arm & Hammer will pay me to do this focus?

To start off our focus Month I am going to tell you a little about Baking Soda and then tell you about my FAVORITE way to use it to clean!

Baking Soda is sodium bicarbonate, it is used widely in baking, and to relieve antacid. When used in baking it is a leavening agent, and has been used since ancient Egypt.

Baking soda is something everyone should have in their kitchens, as it is perfect for extinguishing grease fires! Keep a box close to the stove just for this propose! You never know if or when you will need it. (Source: Wikipedia)

It is so common that I don't feel that I need to go into much detail, if you want more let me know.

My favorite way to clean with it is as a scrubbing agent. If gives you just enough scrubbing power that it will clean just about anything! I keep some in a shaker (I have one of those large one you see at pizza places with the red pepper or Parmesan in, works great!) It also does not scratch like steel wool, so is safe to use on most surfaces. I have even used it on the floor to buff out skid marks!


No comments:

Post a Comment