Friday, May 25, 2012

Finished Friday: Baby gifts

I decided to start posting some if the crafty things I do, and have dubbed Friday's as Finished Friday!

Lately, EVERYONE I know is either pregnant or just had a baby. It isn't very good for my, let's not be baby crazy mantra I chant to my self every day.

But, a lot of the people having babies are my friends, and I like to make things for my friends. I used to make hats, but I never saw anyone wear them. So now I make socks, and if I am still not seeing babies in my socks, I am done making your babies stuff! Seriously, it take 6 hours to make a pair of socks, and these socks are knit with the love, and tender care of someone who can not have a baby (but desperately wants one).

Here are a few of the ones I have recently gifted. Also if you want a pair as a gift to a friend, I do sell them for $20 a pair for basic socks, and $25 for two color socks.


These were knit for a girl, cables in a pink speckled yarn.
Anchors Away!

Knit for a boy, who mother asked for a nautical theme.
These were knit for a girl in a set of twins.

Soft creamy white and baby girl pink.
Knit for the boy in the set of twins.
Tan and navy.
I love making these socks. They are so much fun, and a great conversation started when in public!

I am going on vacation today, and so there will be no posts until Wednesday! But I will have some great new ways to clean with baking soda and vinegar! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment