Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dirty Secrets Revealed

We are almost done with the Week to Clean series! Wahoo! We have two rooms left to tackle and I don't really want to talk about them. I think the cleaning muse left yesterday when I asked her to do two rooms instead of the typical one a day...

Anyway, We still have two rooms left, and I noticed the last 7 posts (no counting this one) there are 4 pictures and 1 video. All the pictures are outsourced and the video is one that I did, so it ain't that great.

Y'all want pictures right? Not of this yippy yap from me that just goes on and on and ... Well you get the point. So this is a blog about homemaking, and if I want you to believe that I actually practice what I preach. I decided to walk around my house and snap some pictures to show you what the house looks like.

A brief introduction, it is Tuesday morning. I have gotten up, worked out and made breakfast (which I am eating as I write this) and Wonderful Man as done his morning thing and left for school. Here is the state of my house at 9.30 Tuesday morning: (I want you to know that I haven't taken the pictures and am really not sure if this is going to be flattering or humiliating! Leaving to take pictures...)

First the Kitchen: Monday is Kitchen day, so it should be clean... Well yesterday, the garbage disposal was broken and the Landlord couldn't come over until 11 (an hour before I leave for work!). Needless to say, it did not fully get cleaned yesterday. But it is on today's list with the Bedroom.
Dishwasher and floor... This is the side that needs to be finished

I left the mop out... The stove needs it cleaning too.

Other side of the room, you can't see much, but it is clean, I PROMISE!
 The Bedroom: Now these Pictures were taken BEFORE Tuesday's cleaning. It is also this months deep clean day.

I asked Wonderful Man to take care of his stuff on the floor before he left... he just put it on the bed!


This is our only hall way, just some stuff left out from cleaning the bathroom yesterday.
 Bathroom:
Sink and the start of our next experiment.

This is a clean floor. By the way, I scrubbed this by hand.

The shower, it is white and hard to tell I scrubbed it too, but this is the site of our next experiment.
 The Living/Dinning Room: This room is the collection site of junk! We are clean out the basement for a yard sale so it is worse than normal. Honestly!
The white shelf/boxes with the sweater , sale items, and cardboard boxes, sale.

The cat, wondering what I am doing.


Most of what you see here is going to the yard sale.

Entryway, it has stuff for the yard sale too!
 Lastly, the Nook:
I need to clean off the desk!

 Well that is how the house looked at 9.30 am, but what about at 9.30 pm? After I have had some time to clean, and do my routine for the day?


The Kitchen: Finished! Well, after I put the burners back on!


See, the are next to the sink waiting ...
 The Bedroom: This is the easiest room to clean.
Can you tell I have been doing laundry today?

Wonderful Man's Clothes still on the bed...


 The Bathroom: The dishwasher flooded the kitchen this morning... So here hangs the towels to dry a bit before I wash them tomorrow.


The Living room and Entryway: I didn't get to these rooms today.



The Nook: I started to clean off the desk, and then I noticed it was 9.30!



Well, readers, there you have it. I do not have a picture perfect home. Nor is it clean 24/7, although I know we ALL DREAM it! Hopefully, we can work to having a well oiled machine with clean homes as the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment