Friday, May 18, 2012

Women are Powerful



I know I have promised some really great posts, but life has become a little crazy! Instead of trying to back track I am just going to pick up the pieces.

Now, I like to think that it is not just women who read my blog. So men, please just bare with me. But I watch something over the course of a couple weeks that made just want to b***h slap a few people!

To understand my view, I think you should understand, I consider my self a liberal conservative. I support equal rights and opportunities for women (I am a female engineer), but I also think you should be a legal citizen to get rights and government subsidies.

But one thing that pisses me off is STUPID WOMEN! We as women as so powerful! But those few stupid women...

They screw up everything that the older generation fought for in the Women's Movement.

Honestly, Women out there (and men too), how many of you know how to CHANGE A TIRE?

I am willing to bet that most readers don't (Lets do a poll! Comment, whether you know how to change a tire or not!)

This is what happened a couple weeks ago, I was home doing something and I hear this awful noise outside, coming up the hill we live on. It stopped and I didn't think much of it until it started again and was getting very loud. So I looked out the window and watch my neighbor across the street, pull into her driveway with a very flat tire. (Not, being a stalker neighbor I did not take a picture. Even though it sat there for TWO WEEKS. I was very tempted!!) Here is an image that is very similar to how she left her car.
After she pulled into her driveway she walked around the car (It is a Tahoe), saw the tire, threw her hands in the air, then stormed inside.

Then the car sat there for almost TWO WEEKS!!!

Now, when she pulled up I was tempted to go and ask if she would like some help fixing the tire. But we have had some problems with these neighbors (Drunk, loud, college kids; who can't believe we sleep on a Friday night!) So, I decided they could take care of it, after all she lived with 4 guys.

But, NO! It SAT on the rim for TWO WEEKS. This is VERY BAD. Not to mention that driving with a wheel like that is dangerous!

Today I was working on our curtains, when I noticed that there was three guys outside, and a new car. Someone had come with a new wheel! (Tire and rim) Finally, it would get fixed! But it took them over an HOUR to do it. I mean, I made dinner, we ate dinner, and watched an episode of our favorite TV show, all in the time it took these three guys to change the tire.

I pointed it out to Wonderful Man, and he said "I am so glad you know how to change a tire. What a bunch of idiots!" He continued to go on about how bad it was for the car to have sat for so long, which I agreed to.

So the point of all this is, PEOPLE, out in the world, if you drive a car you should be able to perform a few simple basic tasks.

1) Know to check tire pressure and change tires.
2) How to check and fill fluids (windshield wiper, oil, radiator fluids)
3) Know how to jump start a car.
4) Know how to replace all lights in your car (turn signals, brake lamps, head lamps, etc.)
5) Know how to check fuses and replace them.

I think this might be something I should focus on one month soon!

1 comment: