Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The refrigerator...

Yesterday, I clean out our fridge as part of a, I leaving for a few days, I want the house clean when I get back.

It has been something on my list for a couple weeks, but I haven't had the time.

While I was cleaning it, I was thinking about how I need to clean our oven. Something I have NEVER done before. And I thought, if I have never cleaned an oven, I bet there are people who have never cleaned an oven or the refrigerator.

So the fridge, I didn't take pictures until almost finish, but here is how I do it.


1) remove EVERYTHING from the inside. Cleaning the fridge will take you less than an hour, and I promise nothing will go bad. But if you are worried, do it on a cold day.

2) turn off the fridge. This is purely to save power, and DO NOT OPEN the freezer during this time. We won't clean the freezer today.

3) wash all the drawers, shelves, and anything else you took out. Wash by hand.

4) wash the inner walls and bottom (I am always amazed at how much dust and cat hair accumulates in 6 months.)


5) don't forget the door! If the bars come off, take them off.





6) leave the fridge open for about 10 minutes to dry. If you use chemical cleaners be sure to do this!

7) load everything back in.

8) DO NOT FORGET TO TURN IT BACK ON!!!

9) Wash the outside doors, side, and handles.

Next week the oven... We can learn together!

No comments:

Post a Comment