Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cleaning with Baking Soda, Part 1 PLUS a GIVE A WAY!!!!

The Give A Way is Now Closed. 


I love to clean with baking soda. It works great, doesn't scratch. It is safe, non-toxic, and your kids will love helping you clean.

There are HUNDREDS of ways to use Baking Soda to clean. Just google it, or click here! (I am not going to talk about cleaning with baking soda and vinegar this week, that is for next week!)

Some of the ways I like to use baking soda is to help srcub, like have a said before.

This is how I store baking soda for cleaning. I just shake some on to what needs to be scrubbed.


This is the floor in the nook. After we painted the painters tarp and the chairs left some nice white scuff marks all over the floor. I tried scrubbing with a scrub pad, but I could tell it was going to mess with the floor. So I thought to try some baking soda.

I hate this art deco floor! There were scuffs like this ALL OVER the floor!


Baking Soda and some water, just rub it on the floor!

Nice and clean!


Easy-peasy! I did not have to scrub at all! The baking soda did all the work!

Now, on Pintrest I have seen some list of things to do with baking soda. I don't want to just have another one of those. So I went through them, and picked out the 10 that I am most likely to use or do.

10 Cleaning Solutions with Baking Soda:
Remove tough stains from enameled cast iron and stainless steel. - Real Simple
Scrub Pots and Pans. - Real Simple
Toilet Cleaner - Life Hackery
Remove crayon and scuffs from vinyl floors. - Life Hackery
Remove baked on food. - Job Description Mommy 
Boost to laundry detergent. - Job Description Mommy 
Clean stinky garbage cans. - Job Description Mommy 
Scrub cutting boards. - Job Description Mommy 
Clean broiler pans or grills. - Good Life Eats
Deodorizer dishwashers.- Good Life Eats

The Give A Way is Now Closed. 

Now, for the give away! Give Away Closes at 5 PM PDT May 31!
I want to give away one refrigerator odor absorber and a box of Baking Soda. I am not giving away the baking soda absorber you can buy. It is a reusable one, and a 4 POUND BOX of baking soda.

Here are the rules:
1. You must comment on this post about how you use baking soda, or how you will now use it.
2. Become a follower.
3. Contact Engineering Homemaking about something Homemakey and Engineery you want to be highlighted on Engineering Homemaking! (comments or emails please!)




2 comments:

  1. I use baking soda in my laundry to help remove sticky odors that just don't come out in a regular wash. I also use it as a paste to clean my cookie sheets!

    I'd be interested in more make-your-own-to-save-money-cleaning-products posts! I enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about you now every time I use baking soda, which is a lot, because I'm now obsessed with it. Not only do I now clean my kitchen with it, but it's also my nighttime facial cleaner and morning deodorant. Baking soda does everything! For cheap!

    ReplyDelete