Tuesday, October 30, 2012

How to Clean an Oven: Part II

I found my camera, Wonderful Man brought it in before he left, He is Wonderful!

As I was looking thought the pictures I realized I had way more than I thought. So this two part oven cleaning tutorial, is going to me more like a three part.

So I added a few pictures to part one for your enjoyment, and here is Part Two:

Remember the recipe I made, if not here it is again:


1 cup Baking Soda
3 TBSP Borax
1/8 cup Liquid Castile Soap
1/4 cup distilled vinegar
extra Water (if needed)




Now that we have a recipe we need a process. (I think it is pregnancy brain, which is why I left this out earlier, but now you get two posts in one day!)

Step one: Scrape out the oven.

Before scraping

Get all that nasty charred on stuff out of there, it will only cause more of a mess while cleaning.

Nasty charred stuff

Looks, just a little better.

Step Two: Make the paste.

Mix the borax and Baking Soda. Add the liquid Castile Soap (you can use liquid dish washing soap, like Dawn instead.) Mix as well as you can. SLOWLY add the vinegar (I added an eighth at a time). If needed to make the paste, add a little HOT water.

Step Three: Paint the Oven.

I tried at first to use a pastry brush... I just gave up and used my hands. Be sure to coat the entire oven, sides, door and top too! I left a heavier coat on the bottom since there is more gunk burnt on there.


Step Four: Relax.

You are half way done! Let the oven sit open over night. I closed mine slightly, so that our cat wouldn't investigate.

Step Five: Look for Thursday's Post for the results and final cleaning tips!


No comments:

Post a Comment