Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thrifty Thursday: Was it worth it?

On Pintrest awhile ago I saw this pin:

Reduce and Reuse! Rolled Kitchen Towels
What a great idea I though. So I went and got the items to make them.

Flannel, wash cloths, and snaps.

The snaps were $25 for what I needed.

I washed everything and took a couple months to get them made. Finally it was time to add the snaps and be done. By this time was a little burnt out on this project, and really wondering if this was worth it at all.

Then came the problem with the snaps... The tool that comes with the snaps wasn't lining the snaps right and I was tossing more snaps than keeping. Finally, Wonderful Man came up with a 3 tool process that worked, took 4 times the amount of time, but the snaps were being placed correctly.

Now that this project is done. I don't really want it any more. I am upset on the amount of time and energy that went into it, and not so impressed by the finished product. 


3 comments:

  1. Instead of reusable towels, we use cut-up t-shirt or sackcloth tea towels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that too, but just thought it was a little silly, especially since the snaps could become cumbersome when you're trying to take a piece off the roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea Becky. I think I might be giving these away. Not impressed at all with them.

    ReplyDelete