Monday, October 1, 2012

October = Apples

It is October! In our house that means, APPLES, APPLES and APPLES!

Living in the Pacific Northwest it is hard to get away from apples. We aren't quiet lucky enough to have a crab apple tree in our yard, but we are lucky enough to have a WONDERFUL orchard just half an hour away.

This month I plan to make something with apples, at least every week. Today, I am restarting a levian I made last year, and forgot about which exploded in my refrigerator...


The recipe comes from William Alexander's 52 Loaves, a great read if you love bread, and love to make it too. Wonderful Man recommended the book after hearing about it on the Diane Rehm Show a couple years ago. After sitting in our local bookstore for a couple hours reading it, I decided I needed this book. We had wonderful artisan bread for a few months before the exploding levain... This year we hope to keep it going for a lot longer.

Some of the other things I plan on making this month include a couple fresh apple pies, an apple tart, apple cake, and an apple strudel. I know they are all desserts, and I might make apple pork chops, if I can find good pork chops.

For this week, I plan to have more than just a Monday and Tuesday post. Tuesday I will try to answer some questions about Borax, Wednesday will be able Apples, my focus this month. Thursday, we will take a moment to look at menu planning, and Friday, I have some fun knitting and crocheting projects I have finished lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment